Steps

Monday, November 16, 2009

Get Real

Cheaters never prosper. The truth shall set you free. Be true to thyself it will follow as night the day: thou canst not be false to any man.

I bought my bathroom scale at Shopko. It cost me five dollars. I love it. I have discovered that by standing on it a certain way, I lose 15 pounds. I put my heels together and lean my weight back, like I'm doing some absurd ballet move. "I weight 189! The scale says so!" Except that when I step on the electronic ones, the reading is quite different, and I can't fool it into saying something more appropriate. If I weight 189, I only have 19 pounds to lose. However, if I only weigh 189, my pants should fit much better than they do, and I don't feel quite the need to work off my weight.

Last week, I decided to stop pretending, to "get real" about my weight, as the book I am following urged me to do four weeks ago. I have lost a few pounds, I believe. But I am not quite where I've been pretending to myself that I am. I do have several challenges to overcome, and I can do it. I can fit back into my size 10 pants... although I am going to have to revise my time schedule. But that's okay. The results will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment